What is a hot stone massage? does it work and can I learn how to do it from home?
Hot stone massage therapy has been used in many different cultures for many years. There are references to as far back as biblical times (c. 400 BC) of using hot stones to massage the body with olive oil.
Benefits of a hot stone treatment
• Deep relaxation, physically & psychologically
• Reduces stress, anxiety & tension.
• Heat of stones penetrates much deeper than a normal massage
• Improves blood & lymphatic circulation
• Toxins & waste eliminated quicker and more efficiently
• Pain relief in tight, stiff muscles
Size of stones
The general principle is to work with stones that fit comfortably into your hands and allow you to work easily without causing discomfort. Ensure the size of stone is manageable, if it is not you may need to change to a different size.
Larger stones distribute more heat, therefore if using a smaller stone it is important to rotate more often as they lose heat more quickly.
Shape of stones
• Spinal layout stones are flat; the thickness should be consistent to ensure the client is comfortable.
• Hand Placement / Palm Stones are quite round and will allow the fingers to rest comfortably around the stone.
If you would like to learn how to do a full hot stone massage then our home study training courses are for you. This therapy is widely used in salons and beauty treatment centers and therapists are worldwide.
free hot stone massage kit
Free gift included when you download the Hot Course Accredited Diploma Course - while stocks last.